Like us on Facebook
"Love God, Love Others, Serve Both"
THIS WEEK'S BIBLE READING ASSIGNMENTS:
Monday, February 23
Tuesday, February 24
Wednesday, February 25
Thursday, February 26
Friday, February 27
Weekly Worship Bulletin Article
February 22, 2015
Written by Pastor Keith Stork
We really are a strange lot. When we claim to follow Christ there are some oddities we just have to accept about ourselves. Consider how bizarre our behavior must seem to those who have no concept of what, or whom, we believe in. In a conversation with Jesus Nicodemus was told he had to be born again. “What do you mean?” exclaimed Nicodemus. “How can an old man go back into his mother’s womb and be born again?” (John 3:4 NLT)
Talk about STRANGE:
· We believe in a living God whom we cannot see. Witnesses claim to have seen his son.
· We give money and time out of love for Him.
· We get baptized – with our heads shoved under water – to demonstrate a cleansing of our spirits and our devotion to Him.
· We partake of something called “communion” and talk about it being a man’s body and blood. We actually then consume it.
· We receive forgiveness from a God who created us with the choice to offend Him and everybody else.
· We claim to serve a king who never had wealth, an army, or ruled over any worldly property.
· We are promised a grand and perfect eternal home because our God loved us so much he gave His Son as a sacrifice for the sins WE have committed.
Who’s going to believe all of this peculiar behavior and talk about being reborn?
Well, I do; especially when I need a fresh start on life. Only Jesus offers that. Odd? For sure; but beautifully so.
Sunday School 9:30 am
Coffee & Fellowship 10:00 am
Worship & Praise Service 10:30 am
Monday - Thursday
9:00 am - 2:00 pm