Like us on Facebook
"Love God, Love Others, Serve Both"
THIS WEEK'S BIBLE READING ASSIGNMENTS:
Monday, May 25
Tuesday, May 26
Wednesday, May 27
Thursday, May 28
Friday, May 29
1 Chronicles 18-21
1 Chronicles 22-25
1 Chronicles 26-28
1 Chronicles 29 & 2 Chronicles 1-3
2 Chronicles 4-6
Weekly Worship Bulletin Article
May 24, 2015
Submitted by: Elaine Crump, Fellowship Team
Memorial Day is a day to remember and honor our brave solidiers who have given their lives to protect our land and keep us free. The sacrifices they have made can never be totally comprehended nor be repaid by us. At the very least….
· They have given years of their life.
· Time away from their families.
· They have given us a chance of setting down “roots”, they moving from base to base every 3-4 years.
· Many will be physically disabled the rest of their life.
· Many mentally disabled resulting in inability to handle day to day living.
· Thousands have given the ultimate sacrifice, their life.
This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends. You are my friends when you do the things I command you. John 15:12-14 (The Message)
Who better to understand and define self-sacrifice and love, but our Lord Himself?
· He willingly humbled Himself, came to the earth, to live among us.
· He set the ultimate example of service, teaching, feeding, praying for and healing people.
· He willingly was mistreated, beaten, and convicted.
· He submitted to a horrible death, so we could receive forgiveness and deliverance from sin.
Let’s remember the brave, unselfish soldiers and then take steps to help these veterans and their families whenever we can. Also, let’s remember the salvation and freedom of the Lord Jesus Christ, and then out of appreciation, give ourselves for others, following Christ’s example.
Submitted by Elaine Crump from www.settledinheaven.wordpress.com
Sunday School 9:30 am
Coffee & Fellowship 10:00 am
Worship & Praise Service 10:30 am
Monday - Thursday
9:00 am - 2:00 pm